Today on The Intentional Life, I talk to someone who I’ve been looking to have on the show for well over a year.
If you have ever identified as a workaholic… an over achiever… or someone who struggles with anxiety, I can not recommend this episode enough for you.
His name is Charlie Hoehn. He’s a writer, marketer, public speaker, father to a beautiful baby girl, and the author of a book that has fundamentally changed the way that I live my life.
Charlie started out as Tim Ferriss’s first full time employee.. helping him launch The 4 Hour Body to it’s debut at #1 on the New York Times best sellers list.
Author of four books including Recession Proof Graduate, The 10 Day Anxiety Fix, and Play For A Living… the one we focus on in this call is the one that has had the most profound impact on my life personally.
Play It Away: A Workaholic’s Cure For Anxiety has over 300 Amazon reviews, most of which are five stars.
In this call we dive into:
– The importance of play
– The three highest leverage things that you can do to curb anxiety and mental illness
– How adults trick themselves into believing that life is really serious and the specific health consequences that come with that ineffective belief system
– The single most effective exercise you can do to audit your life for the specific type of play that YOU most need to incorporate in your life to feel happier and more fulfilled day to day
– Play as a mindset and lifestyle shift, and not just something that you schedule every once in a while
– How Charlie incorporates play into his life, day to day
– The three best supplements that have a positive effect on anxiety and cognitive functioning
– How society is sick and constantly super-dosing on stimulants and depressants
– And much, much more!
If you haven’t already, I would strongly encourage you to check out Charlie’s book Play It Away: A Workaholic’s Cure For Anxiety.
It changed my life, and the lives of many of my clients.
You can also follow more of Charlie’s work on his website.
Dedicated to your success,
Ps. If you enjoyed this interview, you’ll likely also love checking out:
– How To Boost Your Testosterone Naturally With Ben Greenfield
– How To Discover Your Core Gifts (And Get The Love You Desire) With Ken Page
– How To Cultivate A Healthy Body And Mind With Dan Go
Pps. Also mentioned during the interview, were vitamin B12, magnesium bisglycinate, and omega 3 oil.